One of the most critical functions of a country is to promote its economic interests, including facilitating trade through exports and investments in the country.
For organizations to leverage on such opportunities and facilitate trade, there is need to equip various local and international stakeholders and players with Customs and Tax knowledge to enable them carry out the trade function and activity efficiently and effectively. Kenya Tax and Customs Training course will equip participants with the relevant knowledge to realize this goal.
The course will provide a better understanding to all participants and equip them with the necessary knowledge of the statutory Tax and Customs requirements, assist in advising investors on the trade opportunities, and ensure they comprehensively cover Kenya Tax and Customs environment, treaties, exemptions and incentives that facilitate trade within and outside the borders.
The course is designed to equip delegates with the necessary knowledge to effectively engage and facilitate investors by provide them with the right Customs and Tax requirements which will go a long way in increasing trade and investments in the country. The players in the industry will be equipped with knowledge to allow them perform their duties efficiently.
- Tax and customs environment in Kenya
- Customs formalities and procedures – duties; values, tariff classification, rules of origin and exemptions
- Trade facilitation commitments
- Trade facilitation
- Investment opportunities
- Digitization and Trade in Kenya
- Domestic Taxes
- Remissions and Exemptions
- Roles of Partner Government Agencies and Collaboration initiatives
- Tax treatment for International and Regional Organizations
- Donor Agencies with Bilateral/Multilateral Agreement with Kenya
- Prohibited and Restricted goods
- Negotiation skills
At the end of the training, participants will be able to:-
- Understand specific tax and customs statutory provisions guiding investors, exporters, importers and businessmen.
- Learn about applicable tax rebates and exemptions.
- Learn about investment tax incentives and tax holidays
- Equip participants with knowledge to play their advisory role better.
- Create awareness of the requisite tax, customs and trade process requirements
Staff working in embassies and missions, NGOs, ministry of Foreign Affairs. Government ministries, accountants, investments companies, oil and gas industry, manufacturing, parastatals, exporters and importers, customs & tax officers and managers of organizations.
Duration: 5 days.
Dates: 28th March to 1st April 2022
Mode of Delivery: Physical
Venue: Hilton Hotel