CALL FOR EAST AFRICA COMMUNITY SUBJECT MATTER EXPERTS TO DEVELOP DIPLOMA IN CUSTOMS AND FREIGHT LOGISTICS TRAINING MATERIALS
The Kenya School of Revenue Administration (KESRA) is the Kenya Revenue Authority’s premier training school specializing in Tax and Customs Administration, and Fiscal Policy. The school is one of the four accredited World Customs Organization (WCO) Regional Training Centre (RTC) in East and Southern Africa. The school offers academic programs, short courses, corporate research and consultancy services.
KESRA seeks to enlist experienced Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in the East Africa Community (EAC) to develop training materials for a newly developed Diploma curriculum for Freight Logisticians in the EAC region. The SMEs are needed for the following subject areas;
|Communication skills||Ethics, Integrity and Corporate Governance||International Trade Operations|
|Numeracy skills||Health, Safety and Security in Freight Logistics||International Carriage of Goods|
|Digital Literacy||Research Methods in Freight Logistics||Insurance for Freight Forwarding|
|English Literacy||Customs Clearance||Warehousing: Administration; Operations; Design and Functionality; Inventory Management; and Technologies|
|Entrepreneurship Education||Customs Valuation||Transport and Logistics Management; and Multi-modal transport|
|Employability Skills||Rules of Origin||Containerization|
|Marketing Management||Tariff Classification of Goods||Special Cargo|
|Human Resource Management||Customs Management System (specify the system e.g. iCMS; Asycuda world etc.)||Transport, Logistics and the Law|
|Financial Management||International Freight Forwarding Operations|
To develop up to date training materials for the Diploma in Customs and Freight Logistics training materials.
Key SME responsibilities
- Plan and develop customized training materials for the EAC region guided by the Diploma in Customs and Freight Logistics curriculum;
- For each topic, develop learning activities which should include exercise questions;
- Provide in text citations and references for the course content;
- Peer review and edit developed training materials;
- Submit final copy of developed training materials before the stipulated deadline.
Applicants for SME should possess the following key qualifications:
- Must possess at least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field;
- A Doctorate, Master’s Degree, regional and international accreditation and professional certification will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrable credentials as a leading Subject Matter Expert with not less than five (5) years’ work experience in the areas of expertise;
- Must have at least three (3) years’ training experience in the area of expertise;
- Valid membership with a relevant professional body will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity and professionalism.
In addition to the above qualifications, the SMEs should also possess the following competencies;
- Have outstanding knowledge in their subject area
- Be a Subject Matter Expert of the subject he/she has applied for, including relevant training and experience;
- Skills and experience in developing training materials;
- Have excellent Writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Planning and organization skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Time conscious.
Recruitment Selection Criteria
|Relevant Academic Qualifications||PhD- 10|
|Relevant Professional certification in the subject area||10|
|Active Membership with a professional body||10|
|Regional/ International Accreditation||10|
|Relevant work experience of 5 years and above||15|
|Skills and experience in developing training materials||15|
|3 years training experience in the subject area||10|
Only applicants who achieve a score of 50% and above are eligible for recruitment.
Terms of Service
- Development of Diploma in Customs and Freight Logistics training materials will be on a contract basis.
- Contractual terms which will be shared to shortlisted candidates.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply
- KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process
- All applications by interested and qualified candidates MUST be submitted online via the link below
- Attach all your supporting documents. Scoring will be based on evidence provided with supporting documents attached by applicant.
- Applications should be submitted online by 5.00 p.m. on 13th May 2022.