The Intelligence and Investigation area of operations is mandated not only for fraud detection and prevention but also charged with the responsibility of investigating potential criminal violations of the revenue statutes to foster taxpayer compliance that enhances confidence in the tax system. This is actualized through Detection, Disruption & Deterrence using intelligence-led and prosecution-guided investigations. Financial frauds investigators must have a thorough knowledge of fraud detection and
prevention to effectively fulfil the authority’s objectives.
The key focus of this course is to give participants an in-depth knowledge of the broad range of problems faced by tax and financial crime investigators in their functional roles of practice as they battle against illegitimate financial activities, as well as responses to these issues and available tools for execution.
This course examines the fundamental fraud schemes threatening tax agencies and equips participants with knowledge, skills and techniques for proactive detection and prevention.
Course Learning Objectives:
Upon completing this course, participants will be able to:
• Provide adequate knowledge that will enable participants to detect financial flaws
• Gain knowledge and Investigative skills on financial fraud
• Recognize the key stages of tax crime detection, prevention and fraud investigation
• conduct effective tax crime and fraud investigation
• Identify the elements required for tax crime and fraud investigative decision-making
• Summarize the fundamental elements of investigative strategies
• Identify the critical factors of the tax crime and fraud investigation process
• Appreciate and understand the principles of the “Investigative Mindset”
Areas of Coverage:
The content shall cover a wide spectrum of aspects. The key aspects are highlighted below:
• Introduction to financial fraud investigation
• Role of Intelligence in financial fraud investigation
• Financial Investigations and Case compilation
• Prevention of Financial Statement Fraud
• Principles of investigations
• Evidence analysis
• Crime scene management
• Criminal case compilation
• An ideal tax crime investigation environment.
• Attributes of an effective investigator.
• Tax audit versus tax investigation.
• Chain of custody and its significance in court.
Intelligence and enforcement officers, Investigators, security staff and Operations officers are responsible for tax crime detection and prevention.
|10th – 21st June 2024||10 days||Naivasha||Ksh. 150,000 (Exclusive of VAT)|