The Advance Diploma in Customs qualiﬁcation is designed for those who wish to build expertise in specialised areas and refresh their customs knowledge.
Upon completion of the programme, participants will:
1. Determine Customs value using the various methods.
2. Determine Tariff codes and utilize them in determination of tax rates.
3. Determine Origin of goods.
4. Interpret the various Customs laws and focus on voluntary compliance.
5. Perform the various clearance procedures and maintain the necessary documentation.
6. Perform the Post Clearance Audit and other Post Clearance related activities.
7. Apply enforcement techniques and utilize enforcement tool.
8. Demonstrate their aptitude in applying Risk management in Customs clearance.
Duration: 16 Months
Mode of study: Day & Evening
To enrol, candidates should possess: A Bachelor’s Degree or Certified Public Accountant (CPA-K) or Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) or Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Any other relevant Professional Course.
1. Higher National Diploma in Customs Administration
- Organization & Management of Customs
- Customs Law and Procedure
- Customs in the International Context
- Customs Valuation I
- Customs Valuation II
- Customs Tariff Classification I
- Customs Tariff Classification II
- Post Clearance Audit
- Risk Management and Enforcement
- Customs Business Systems
2. Higher National Diploma in Customs General Courses
15. Business Statistics
16.Governance, Compliance and Risk Management Leadership and Management
As a guide, Students must attend a minimum of 80% of all lectures, seminars and tutorials, failure to which he/she will not be allowed to register for examinations. The course must be completed within six months comprising three semesters.